OSHA Construction Accidents: List of the Most Common
The severity of injuries suffered in a Brooklyn construction accident can range from minor to fatal. The Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) was established for purpose of implementing and enforcing guidelines, regulations, and standards for working conditions, including those in the construction industry.
If you were injured in a construction-related accident, contact Levitsky Law Firm today, and start your recovery today.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents in and Around Brooklyn
OSHA also maintains data on the types of accidents that occur on construction projects. As per our construction accident lawyer Brooklyn, here is a list of the most common causes of those accidents:
- Falls. These include construction workers who fall because of unprotected sides or holes, falling from ladders, roofs and scaffolding.
- Being struck by an object. Swinging, falling or misplaced objects or materials get hit or kicked and fall. Being struck by an object also contemplates being hit by a vehicle.
- Electrocution. Most electrocution accidents on construction sites involve contacting overhead power lines, energized conductors or electrical and equipment panels.
- Slip-and-falls and trip-and-falls. Walking surfaces on construction sites are commonly wet or oily, causing workers to slip. They might also trip over tools or materials that have been left on walking surfaces.
- Failure to use or wear proper protection. Such accidents typically involve the failure to wear a hardhat, eye or face protection.
- Getting caught between two objects: The most common of these accidents involve trench or excavation collapses, wall collapses or demolition accidents.
If you were injured in a construction accident in or around Brooklyn, or you lost a family member in such an accident, contact the NY construction injury attorneys at the Levitsky Law Firm as soon as possible. We’ll arrange for a free consultation and case review. We promise to answer your questions and give you all appropriate information on your full range of legal options. Of course, if we’re retained to represent you, our objective will be to obtain the highest possible settlement or award for you. Contact the Levitsky Law Firm after being seriously injured in any New York construction accident.