The problem of Cancer misdiagnosis
Potential Causes of a Cancer Misdiagnosis
The potential causes of a cancer misdiagnosis include the following:
- The physician fails to find a cancerous lesion during a biopsy.
- The physician fails to diagnose a cancerous lesion as cancer.
- The physician fails to perform the appropriate tests.
- The physician fails to correctly classify a cancerous tumor.
- The medical personnel fail to handle, read or interpret a specimen correctly.
- The physician fails to screen patients at the highest risk of cancer.
- The physician fails to acknowledge a patient’s complaints.
What Harm Does a Cancer Misdiagnosis Cause?
After a patient receives a cancer is misdiagnosis, he is subjected to treatments that are often very painful and expensive. People receive chemotherapy and radiation treatments to cure them of their diseases, but if the patient didn’t need them for that purpose, they can cause irreparable harm. These treatments may not be covered entirely by the patient’s insurance company, so the patient can experience financial difficulties as a result.
A cancer misdiagnosis requires a Brooklyn personal injury lawyer. Our attorneys at the Levitsky Law Firm are here to listen to your story and determine how we can help you move forward after this difficult time. An experienced injury attorney Brooklyn will fully investigate your case with the knowledge that he or she has as a medical malpractice attorney.
When a medical professional performs his or her duties in a careless, reckless or negligent manner, you can be injured very seriously, and this requires that the people responsible for your pain are held accountable in a court of law. If you or a loved one were injured or died after you visited a medical facility, contact us at the Levitsky Law Firm. Our personal injury Brooklyn attorney will offer you a free consultation so that we can determine how we can proceed with your case. Contact us today.